Our family centered-friendly environment will be a 399-bed state of the art facility serving Qatari, non-Qatari and international women and children and their families Our experienced staff will operate within a model of care underpinned by international evidenced based practice and supported by the world class technology.
Our interprofessional teams will work collaboratively to secure wellness optimizing patient/family outcomes to contribute to Sidra’s reputation as a high reliability organization. Clinical research focused on education, quality improvements and a culture of patient and family safety will be used to inform and guide best practice standards.
The nursing function within Sidra Medical and Research Centre is split into 3 Clinical Management Groups. Individual clinical specialties sit under the respective Clinical Management Group. Below is a description of the Clinical Management Groups and the specialties that sit below each. In the application process you will have the opportunity to select the specialty that most accurately reflects your skills and experience and to allow us to process your application effectively.
We are currently recruiting Clinical Nurse Leaders for the below mentioned specialties:
Clinical Nurse Managers – Perioperative Services
- Day Procedure Unit
- Operating Rooms (Women’s & Children’s)
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit – (Women’s & Children’s)
- Endoscopy Unit
Clinical Nurse Managers – Children’s
- Emergency Department
- Urgent Care Center
- Dialysis / Nephrology / Transplant
- General Surgery / Trauma / Urology
- Specialty Surgery
- Medical Specialty x 2 units
- General Medicine / GI
- Oncology / BMT – Inpatient and Outpatient
Clinical Nurse Managers – Women’s Services
- Birthing Center
- OB Triage
- Women’s Urgent Care
The Clinical Nurse Manager has 24-hour operational accountability for a specific unit/service. As a key member of the multi-disciplinary team ensures that standards for nursing care are adhered to at unit level. The Clinical Nurse Manager is fully responsible for the unit budget, patient experience and outcomes and staff performance and development. S/He works collaboratively to ensure that commissioning, recruitment, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Sidra’s plans and timelines. The Clinical Nurse Manager is professionally accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer.
KEY DECISIONS THE ROLE MAKES AND THE EXTENT OF THE IMPACT OF THE DECISION:
- Makes recommendations to the Manager regarding decisions that have a unit impact.
- Makes day to day decisions regarding unit operations that impact quality and efficiency of patient care.
- Delivers nursing care to patients and rounds to support efficient patient pathways.
- Makes day to day decisions about staff allocations during shift to ensure that appropriate staff are allocated to the correct patients to promote safe patient care and the best learning environment
- Prioritizes high and low risk patients based on patient centered assessment and plan of care